Sunday, January 11, 2009

TENNIS AGAIN, FINALLY!!

I can not tell you how HAPPY I am to have played tennis today!! Ironic considering it was 36 degrees with crazy wind so it felt in the 20's, and we all know I am a SUMMER GAL! But - I GOT TO PLAY TENNIS!!

For those of you who don't know (and probably don't care, but, HEY, it's my blog!), I had stress fractures in 2 of my metatartials in my left foot from too much tennis :) and was in a boot for longer than I care to mention and relive. Bottom line - I haven't hit a tennis ball since August.

It was joy. Pure joy. Obviously not the best I could have played, but just being on the court and hitting balls was wonderful! And - to top it off - I played with Pumpkin and we WON! (Can I get a WHOO WHOO?!)

Tennis in Atlanta is crazy for those of you who don't live here. ALTA - Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association - is practically a 2nd religion for some. Then you have USTA, T2, K-Swiss, Mixed, Women's, Men's, Juniors, Seniors. The list goes on & on. Great exercise, very social, and lots of fun. Tripp was a little over a year old when I picked up the racket for the first time, and it was love at first sight. I've meet many of my closest friends through tennis.

When Scott & I first met, he had never "played" tennis. He had picked up a racket and hit balls with friends but had never played on a team. I was totally looking forward to beating his booty. That lasted a VERY short time. He's such a natural athlete that, of course, he passed my abilities in no time. Turkey. However, we are on the same mixed tennis team and get to play together and are a very good pair. Yet another thing in my life I'm fortunate for.

SOOOO - Yay for me - being back to tennis and WINNING!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me feel the love. If you visit, comment. Pretty please. With sugar on top. And whipped cream. And a cherry.